Tuesday, May 3, 2011

This Week's Featured Vancouverite: Robyn Michelle-Lee Thompson .

Hometown: Greater Vancouver

How long have you been a Vancouverite? I grew up in the suburbs of Vancouver, and now I know in the city.

Occupation: I am a local wedding and lifestyle photographer for my business, robyn michelle-lee photography. I also photograph and save for my personal lifestyle site, this is life. I also have some personal styling clients.

Favourite places in the city: What I know about Vancouver is the restaurant scene, and that we have flavours from all over the public right here in the city. Some of my top picks are Boneta for cocktails, artistically perfect plates and big design; Nuba for Lebanese dishes; Salt Tasting Room for a sexy selection of wine and cheese tasting; Vij`s for refined Indian dining; Mis Trucos for contemporary tapas; Nicli Antica for authentic Neapolitan pizza; Saravanaa Bhavan for samosas; Bin 941 for a young, trendy vibe and sharing plates of duck breast with pommes frites; The Urban Tea Merchant for afternoon tea and Parisian macarons; East is East for Middle Eastern flavours; The Basis for casual vegetarian; Au Petit Chauvignol for a rich Alpine fondue; Cafe Medina for the best Belgian-Moroccan inspired brunch; and that small `hollow in the wall` space that sells shawarma at Granville and Robson Street.

Best way to pass a Saturday in the city: Read my stories about my Saturdays around the city, here.

Favourite Vancouver artist: A local artist whose influence I really admire is Heather Ross. Not merely does she paint ethereal, soft canvases and photograph beautifully, she also writes for local home and lifestyle magazines and has also designed textiles. Visiting her boutique, where she features her work amidst antique finds and contemporary accessories, is an inspiration.

Top insider tip for visitors: I love yoga, and the YYoga Flow Wellness Center is my favorite studio. I often practice at the various lululemon locations about the city, which offer several free classes with inspiring instructors each week.

I will presently be adding Vancouver to my `city guides` section. Read here to see what other favourite places I know in Vancouver and about the world.

Do you love somebody who would be a great featured Vancouverite? Let us live in the input box below!

No comments:

Post a Comment